Gurobi provides the most powerful mathematical programming solver to the academic community at no cost and with no restrictions on features.
For help with installation or licensing
Gurobi also provides assistance for academics with license and installation issues. When activating your free academic license, please make sure that you are connected to your university's network, either physically or via a VPN client.
Some potential issues that might arise while setting up your license or installing Gurobi include:
- How do I obtain a free academic license?
- How do I resolve an "Academic Domain Error"?
- Where do I place the Gurobi license file (gurobi.lic)?
- How do I install Gurobi for Python?
If these articles don't resolve your issue, please review the articles in our Knowledge Base for solutions to common license and installation issues, such as:
- How do I renew my free Individual Named-User Academic or free Online Course license?
- How do I transfer my free Individual Named-User Academic or free Online Course license?
If you still continue to have a license or installation issue, please submit a request via our Gurobi Support Portal.
To report a potential bug in Gurobi
If you believe you have encountered a potential bug in Gurobi, please:
- check you are using the most recent version of Gurobi (currently v10.0.1),
- review the Knowledge Base articles in Recently Reported Issues, then
- create a minimal model or Minimal Reproducible Example.
before submitting a request via our Gurobi Support Portal.
For help with other Gurobi topics
While we make the full-featured version of our product available to the academic community at no cost, we cannot provide one-on-one support beyond assistance with licensing and installation issues. Please visit the Help Center for assistance:
- Knowledge base articles: a large collection of articles written by Gurobi staff to answer frequently asked questions and solve common issues
- The community forum: a public forum where users can ask questions about Gurobi; contains answers to hundreds of questions about modeling, API usage, performance, and more
Please sign in to leave a comment.