Note: This process is not available for "self-service" Individual Named-User Academic licenses.
For situations in which the computer is on a secure network without internet access or the network has a firewall that prevents the computer from connecting to the license key server, Gurobi has a manual process to generate the license file:
- Once Gurobi is installed on the target machine, run grbprobe on the target machine to generate a report regarding your system.
info : grbprobe version 10.0.1, build v10.0.1rc0
CPU=Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1038NG7 CPU @ 2.00GHz
- Next, using any computer connected to the internet, go to the Licenses table on your Gurobi User Portal. Select "INSTALL" on the correct license from the table of licenses. In the popup window, select "GENERATE MANUALLY".
- This will display additional instructions and a form where you can enter the information returned by grbprobe:
- Once you press SUBMIT, you can download your license file and transfer it to the target machine. For information on where to store the file, please see Where do I place the Gurobi license file (gurobi.lic)?
- How do I install Gurobi on a machine without internet access?
- How do I resolve the error "Communication failed" when running grbgetkey?
Please sign in to leave a comment.