The LP file format is not standardized. For example, some solvers, including Gurobi Optimizer, require spaces between variables, coefficients and operators in an LP file, so you must use x + y + 2 z <= 2 to represent the constraint x + y + 2z ≤ 2 in an LP file. If Gurobi Optimizer is unable to read an LP file written by another solver, try the MPS format instead.
Articles in this section
- Managing Infeasibility
- Where can I learn more about building optimization models?
- How do I model piecewise linear functions?
- How do I model logical expressions?
- Can I add locally valid constraints in Gurobi MIP?
- How do I manage multiple models in a program?
- Why does an MPS file produce a completely different objective with different solvers?
- What are the differences between LP and MPS file format?
- Why is Gurobi slow to build a model matrix?
- Why do I get random errors when solving the same model on the same computer?