When solving a continuous model (LP, QP, SOCP) with the barrier algorithm (Method=2), the matrix factorization is faster with more threads. However, more threads will not make the simplex method any faster. For MIP, more threads can solve a model faster if it takes a large number of nodes to solve the model. For a MIP that is solved at or near the root node, more threads will not help much, if at all.
Articles in this section
- Is Gurobi Optimizer deterministic?
- What is the difference between user cuts and lazy constraints?
- Why do I see increasing/large MIP gap values?
- How does presolve() work?
- How do you implement lazy constraints in Gurobi?
- Can you modify the branch-and-bound algorithm or create a branch-cut-and-price algorithm?
- Does Gurobi have a solution polishing algorithm?
- How do I find additional solutions to a model?
- Does the barrier algorithm return a basic solution for LPs?
- When will more threads make it faster to solve a model?