If you have recently installed a new license but Gurobi still shows that it is using an old license, then Gurobi is not able to find the path to the new license file. To resolve, please follow these steps:
- Make sure you have installed the new license file.
If you have not installed your new Gurobi License file,
- Go to www.gurobi.com
- Navigate to Downloads & Licenses > Your Gurobi Licenses
- Click on your new License ID from the table
- Follow the Installation instructions to run the grbgetkey command.
- Make sure Gurobi can find your new license file.
First, check to see which license file Gurobi is using by running the following in your command window or terminal:
gurobi_cl --licenseYou should see a line that shows
Using license file /path/to/license/file/gurobi.lic.
Please open this license file and check that the License ID matches your new license. If not, please replace this file with your new license file or change the license file location.
For more information, see
- The 'Retrieving and Setting Up a Gurobi License' guide for Windows, Mac, or Linux.
- Where do I place the Gurobi license file (gurobi.lic)?
- Test your license.
To do this, walk through the steps in the 'Testing your license' guide for Windows, Mac, or Linux.