Gurobi staff members often ask customers to upload files for testing, tuning, or benchmarking. The security of your model and data is important to Gurobi. The safest way to send the zipped models or data to Gurobi is through the upload page on the Gurobi website.
- Export your models as MPS or REW files. The REW format is an anonymized version of the MPS format. An LP model file is also acceptable, but the behavior of an LP file may not be as accurate as that of an MPS/REW file. To export, use the write() function of your chosen API.
- Compress the model file using a compression tool like bzip2, zip, or gzip. An LP model file is also acceptable, but the behavior of an LP file may not be as accurate as that of an MPS/REW file.
- Login to your account on the Gurobi website.
- Upload the compressed model file at Support > Upload. If you have a Support Request #, please be sure to include it on the form.
- After you have uploaded the file, please notify your Gurobi contact that you have done so via your support request and provide the name of the uploaded file.
The uploaded files are stored on a secure server. Your files are only accessible by Gurobi support, developers, and IT staff, all of whom have been trained to handle these files in a secure way.