Model files from lp_solve can be problematic. LP files from lp_solve have many differences from the LP format supported by Gurobi and most other solvers. Avoid using their LP files with Gurobi Optimizer. In MPS files, lp_solve may write binary variables as unbounded general integers. Thus, before writing an MPS file from lp_solve, explicitly set an upper bound of 1 for all binary variables.
Articles in this section
- Where can I learn more about building optimization models?
- How do I model piecewise linear functions?
- How do I model logical expressions?
- Can I add locally valid constraints in Gurobi MIP?
- How do I manage multiple models in a program?
- Why does an MPS file produce a completely different objective with different solvers?
- What are the differences between LP and MPS file format?
- Why is Gurobi slow to build a model matrix?
- Why do I get random errors when solving the same model on the same computer?
- Why is Gurobi unable to read an LP model file that worked fine with another solver?