The grbgetkey executable is located within the full Gurobi installation. If you receive the error "command not found" or "'grbgetkey' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" when trying to retrieve a license file with grbgetkey in the command prompt/terminal, please:
- Ensure the Gurobi Optimizer license tools are installed on your system. The Gurobi pip installation method does not provide Gurobi license tools. In order to use grbgetkey,
- you will need to use one of the other installation methods described in How do I install Gurobi for Python? or
- use our license package: How do I set up a license without installing the full Gurobi package?
- Try specifying the full path to grbgetkey. If Gurobi is installed in the default location, this can be done as follows:
- Linux: /opt/gurobi1003/linux64/bin/grbgetkey xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx
- MacOS: /Library/gurobi1003/macos_universal2/bin/grbgetkey xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Windows: C:\gurobi1003\win64\bin\grbgetkey xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx