Switching from using Gurobi locally on-premise to Gurobi Instant Cloud is typically quite seamless.
If you have been using a license file on your local client, you simply need to replace the current license file with a cloud license file. That's it!
Here are some materials for getting started:
- Client Setup describes how to:
- Download a gurobi.lic file to the client from the Gurobi Instant Cloud website.
- Use the API to pass credential information from the client to the cloud.
- First Solve in the Cloud tutorial:
- Step-by-step instructions for downloading a license and sending a job to the cloud via the command line.
- Recommend first step to ensure the license and networking are working properly.
- If you have trouble connecting to the cloud, please see Security and Network Settings for information regarding networking and proxies.
- Using Instant Cloud in a Program
- Take note of the information regarding Idle Shutdown.