To set up a license file for a free individual academic license on your computer for research, teaching, or coursework purposes, connect your computer to the university network, then follow these instructions for obtaining a named-user academic license.
Detailed help can also be found in the Gurobi Quick Start Guides.
Please note: Your computer must be connected to the university network for the grbgetkey command to work. You can connect your computer either directly or via a VPN that tunnels all traffic through the university network. Once the license file is set up, your computer does not need to be connected to the university network in order to use Gurobi. You can repeat this process to obtain licenses for additional computers or new Gurobi versions.
- Academic Program and Licenses
- How do I get started with an Academic license?
- Gurobi Quick Start Guides
- How do I resolve an "ERROR 303" from grbgetkey?
- How do I resolve the error "Communication failed" from grbgetkey?
- How do I obtain a free academic license for a cluster or a shared computer lab?
- How do I use Gurobi on multiple computers for my academic research?