While requesting an Individual Named-User Academic license or a WLS Academic license, you may receive the following error:
Academic Domain Error
Your network address is not recognized as belonging to an academic domain.
In order to create or extend an academic license, your computer must be connected to a recognized academic institution network such as a university network. You can connect your computer either directly or via a VPN that tunnels all traffic through the university network. Once the license has been created or extended, you can use the license file on your computers without the need to be connected to an academic network.
This error means your domain isn't on our academic domain list. To resolve this issue, please try the following:
- Make sure you are connected to your university network. If your university provides a VPN, connect to it before requesting a license.
- Some VPNs are configured to use split tunneling, where traffic to public internet sites is routed through your ISP.
- If possible, try configuring your VPN client to use full tunneling, where all traffic is routed through the VPN.
- Alternatively, ask your network administrator if the VPN can be configured to route traffic to gurobi.com through the private network.
- Specify your current Gurobi usage as Academic.
- Specify the type of issue as License issue.
- Include the IP address that is being rejected.
- Let us know that you are receiving an "Academic Domain Error" and have already tried the suggestions provided above to no avail.